Does Your Business Need a Responsive Website?
In the past few years, how we surf the web has changed significantly. Even five or ten years ago, most people explored online while sitting at desktop and laptop computers: on screens of a similar size, more or less anchored to one place. Today, that scene has changed. Now more than ever, people are surfing on smart phones, phablets, and tablets, at home, at work, and everywhere in between. It only makes sense that this huge change in behavior sparked a huge change in website design.
What is responsive website design?
Responsive web design is what it sounds like: websites that change their size and formatting depending upon how the user is browsing the website. For example, a responsive website will recognize that a user is on a smart phone and switch the website’s layout to optimize the user’s experience. Responsive websites make certain that a users can easily navigate your website from all devices, wherever they are, without vertical scrolling or other inconveniences.
What are the benefits of responsive web design?
Responsive websites are one of those things that don’t really seem to have a downside: they multiple benefits both your business and the users. Here are just a few:
- They make it easier for all users to access your website. As we explained above, the biggest benefit of responsive design is that it looks great on all devices and screens, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
- It delivers a consistent user experience. Having one website instead of multiple websites built for different devices means giving your customers and potential customers a recognizable, constant website that doesn’t change depending on how they access it. This helps your brand and your business.
- It increases contacts and conversions. Statistics show that responsive websites make it much easier for users to navigate your website – and much easier for users to call your business, contact you, or order from you. This is especially true for users on mobile devices.
- It saves you time and money on development and management. Say goodbye to constantly thinking about both your “regular” website and your mobile website – responsive websites consolidate all of these efforts. You will not only save time by not having to update your mobile website, you will also save time on analyzing traffic data and managing your online presence.
- It improves your search engine optimization. Responsive websites are the way to do for anyone who cares about SEO. Google gives an edge to all responsive sites when it comes to page rank – and, generally, having one URL instead of two (one for your regular site, one for your mobile site) also helps your rank. In addition, responsive web designs lower bounce rates. Because users experience is so much better on responsive sites, users hang around longer and click around to more pages.
- It looks fresh and updated. Even users who don’t know what responsive design is can recognize when a website looks old and dated. Responsive designs make certain that your website looks current, alive, and taken care of.
So, where can I get one of these responsive websites?
Hey, we can help! Our website design team specializes in responsive websites, from start to finish. We think it is one of the easiest changes you can make to update your website and improve its performance. If you want to chat with us about your business goals and our services, call today at (406) 370-6353 or fill out our electronic contact form.